Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
set width of report in java
veet
<p>Hi,</p><p>can you help me, how can I set width of my report in java?</p><p>It would be possible to show some example?</p><p>Thanks to everybody.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
<p>With your ReportDesignHandle, you will get the Master Page, then set the type to custom, and the width/height. The following is a JavaScript example that gets the design handle, but it will be the same in Java.</p><p> </p><div><pre class="_prettyXprint">reportContext.getDesignHandle().getMasterPages().get(0).setProperty("type", "custom");reportContext.getDesignHandle().getMasterPages().get(0).setProperty("height", "200px");reportContext.getDesignHandle().getMasterPages().get(0).setProperty("width", "200px");</pre></div>
veet
<p>Hi,</p><p>thanks for answer.
I try this:
IReportDocument repdoc = engine.openReportDocument(fileName + ".rptdocument");
repdoc.getReportDesign().getMasterPages().get(0).setProperty("type", "custom");
repdoc.getReportDesign().getMasterPages().get(0).setProperty("height", "200px");
repdoc.getReportDesign().getMasterPages().get(0).setProperty("width", "200px");
But it do not work.
It seems that:
repdoc.getReportDesign().getMasterPages().get(0).setProperty("type", "custom");
do not set property with name "type" and value "custom"
And when I try to set height It shows this error:
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.elements.SemanticError'>org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.elements.SemanticError</a>
: The master page "Simple Master Page("Simple MasterPage")" cannot specify size since the page type is not custom.
at <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href=''>org.eclipse.birt.report.model.command.PropertyCommand.setProperty(PropertyCommand.java:249</a>)
at <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href=''>org.eclipse.birt.report.model.command.PropertyCommand.setProperty(PropertyCommand.java:148</a>)
at <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href=''>org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.DesignElementHandle.setProperty(DesignElementHandle.java:520</a>)
When I loook what properties are in document
i can see, that one property with name "type" has still defaultValue="us-letter".
It seems that:
repdoc.getReportDesign().getMasterPages().get(0).setProperty("type", "custom");
do not work.</p><p> </p><p>Please, can you help me?</p>
johnw
<p>IReportDocument won't have that. A Report document has already been run. So setting the properties of the report design from a report document would be going backwards.</p>
veet
<p>So where can I set the property? I should set it in instance engine?</p>
johnw
<p>IReportDesignHandle. This is what should be passed to your IRunTask initially.</p>
veet
<p>Thank. It works.</p><p>And it changes size of the master page. Is there any way how to change width and height of all elements(table, chart, ...) in report?</p><p>I <span><span>thought, that I change size of the master page end these element change its size too. But t</span></span>hese elements do not change width and height with the masterpage.</p>