Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt and Ldap
ajunuthula
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I want to integrate BIRT to Ldap so that all reports fetch by BIRT engine go through Ldap authentication.
I have a Ldap server for Ldap.
Kindly suggest !!!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
<p>The commercial version does this easily. With the open source version you have to jump through quite a few hoops. You will be doing quite a bit of scripting. The BIRT Engine sites on top of a JVM, so you have access to the entire Java LDAP packages.</p>
ajunuthula
<p>Thank you for the response. Can you please explain briefly as to how birt and ldap goes together or is there any example that I can look at.</p><p> </p><p>Thank you.</p>
johnw
<p>I don't believe there are any examples on DevShare. But, in theory, there are a couple of ways of doing this. Probably the easiest way would be to do this as a Java Servlet Filter. That opens quite a few ways to set these tokens and make them available to BIRT to use for authentication. It is also possible to do a JNDI lookup. You also have the option to do a straight LDAP lookup via either Java or Javascript in the beforeOpen event for the data source.</p>
ajunuthula
<p>Thank you for the response.</p><p>Came across this article</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://sites.google.com/site/dynamicdatamining/birt/birt-viewer-security'>https://sites.google.com/site/dynamicdatamining/birt/birt-viewer-security</a></p><p> </p><p>Can
you suggest me is this a way to move forward with.</p><p> </p><p>Thank you.</p>