<p>Hi folks,</p><p> </p><p>I'm having trouble with parameter selection screens in IE9/IE10.</p><p> </p><p>I'm playing with BIRT reports (first time - so my BIRT experience is limited). I'm developing in the Eclipse IDE for Java and Report Developers. The BIRT version is 4.2.0 I believe. I've done simple reports, with simple datasets and found the BIRT interface fantastic. So I moved on to adding report parameters.</p><p> </p><p>When I introduce a parameter selection screen I observe the following behaviour:</p><p>-> In Chrome, FF, Opera everything is fine.</p><p>-> In IE10 - I get no parameter selection screen!</p><p> </p><p>I've searched here and have seen people suggest two solutions:</p><p>1) Adding the following to the JSP header:</p><p><meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" /></p><p>.... this seems to solve the parameter screen issue, but unfortunately for me I can't add that meta tag to my website (it destroys some other behavior).</p><p> </p><p>2) Getting users to enable "compatability mode" for the website. But that seems to mess up some of my layouts. (I'm pretty sure the layouts are OK as I run them through the w3c validator regularly - but I constantly find myself fighting with different versions of IE!)</p><p> </p><p>I did up a sample report (attached) to demonstrate the problem. There's no data set, just a parameter selection screen. Is there any other way to change this behaviour?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks!</p><p> </p><p>My page was as follows:</p><div><%-- /*
@(#)****_report.jsp */ --%></div><div><%@ taglib prefix="birt" uri="/WEB-INF/tlds/birt.tld" %></div><div><!DOCTYPE html </div><div> PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"</div><div> "<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd'>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd</a>"></div><div> </div><div><html xmlns="<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml'>http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml</a>" xml:lang="en" lang="en"></div><div><head></div><div> <title>Test BIRT Report with Parameter selection dialog</title></div><div></head></div><div> </div><div><body id="home"></div><div> <birt:viewer id="birtViewer"</div><div> reportDesign="parameter_in_IE9.rptdesign"</div><div> pattern="frameset"</div><div> style="padding:10px 20px 10px 20px;width:97%;height:600px;"</div><div> /></div><div></body></div><div></html> </div><p> </p><p> </p><p>