Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Deploying BIRT Report in Tomcat
Jordan Ben
<p>Hi
I have postgresql database containing images in a column[photo]. I used byte type to store images.when i create a Dataset by default the column type is blob. I tried dynamic image insert to displaying images,stored in the column. Images are displaying when i run the report using eclipse juno. But when I run the report in my browser (I use birt runtime deployed in tomcat), images are not displaying.
There are some error messages like this :
</p><pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-nocode">- There is no report design object available.org.eclipse.birt.report.exception.ViewerException: There is no report design object available. at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.__init(ViewerAttributeBean.java:230) at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseAttributeBean.init(BaseAttributeBean.java:233) at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.(ViewerAttributeBean.java:113) at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.__init(BirtContext.java:44) at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseContext.(BaseContext.java:69) at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.(BirtContext.java:30) at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.ViewerServlet.__getContext(ViewerServlet.java:150) at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doGet(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:137) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621) at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722) at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:112) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210) at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99) at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:929) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407) at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1002) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:585) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:310) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)</pre><p>Could you help me please ??
</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Are you using the same version of runtime as you are designer? Also, are you able to run the test report in the web viewer? If so, are you placing your design in the same location as the test report design?</p>
Jordan Ben
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mwilliams" data-cid="118196" data-time="1372997964"><div><p>Are you using the same version of runtime as you are designer? Also, are you able to run the test report in the web viewer? If so, are you placing your design in the same location as the test report design?</p></div></blockquote><p>Hi mwilliams,
Thanks for your replying me.
I used different version of birt runtime and report designer. I use Eclipse Juno (BIRT has been included with version 4.2.2) to design the report and then use birt-runtime-2_3_1 .
When I try to view a report which contains a embeded image on the report it works on eclipse and also on birt-runtime-2_3_1 too.
But when I try again to view a report which is contain a blob image on the report it works and well displayed on eclipse but not works on birt-runtime-2_3_1.
I don't know what is the problem.
Could you help me please ?
</p>
mwilliams
<p>So, your designs are created with BIRT 4.2.2 but you're running them with the 2.3.1 runtime? Can you try running with the 4.2.2 runtime?</p>