Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
3.7.2 report is not compatibke with 4.3.0
boulos
Hello,
I ha e designed a very basic report in 3.7.2 that reads three colunns from a table in a DB and displays them in my report. This report works fine in 4.2.0, 4.2.1, 4.2.2 but not in 4.3.0. When i open the rptdesign, i get the following error message:
org.eclipse.ui.ide.FileStoreEditorInput cannot be cast to org.eclipse.ui.IFileEditorInput.
i rebuilt the same report in 4.2.2 and i got the same error when i tried to open the same report in 4.3.0.
Would you please tell me what could be the cause of my problem?
Regards,
Boulos
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Can you attach the rptdesign from 3.7.2 for me to test with?</p>
boulos
<p>there you go</p><p> </p><p>Regards,</p><p>Boulos</p>
boulos
Hi kclark, Any updates?
kclark
<p>Can you copy the rptdesign to a project in your workspace and open it? I was able to recreate your issue by opening the rptdesign from file > open, but it seems I don't get the error if the rptdesign is being opened from the navigator.</p>
grather
<p>I get the very same error.</p><p> </p><p>The way I have been using the Eclipse Designer is Open eclipse then just drag and drop the file to open from my directory.</p><p> </p><p>I have many different customers so have different branches and different reports.</p><p> </p><p>So I open Eclpse then open the rptdesign file.</p><p> </p><p>I then get this error.</p><p> </p><p>If I have the identical file in the workspace as previous noted the file opens successfully.</p><p> </p><p>So there is something different from previous versions.</p><p> </p><p>Any ideas</p><p> </p><p> </p>
kclark
<p>I'll see if I can't get around that error, can you file a bug <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php'>here</a>?</p>
;
grather
<p>I opened a bug.</p><p>My first for BIRT. <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=412794'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=412794</a></p><p> </p><p>Hopefully
I put it in the correct place and such</p><p> </p><p>Gary</p>
boulos
<p>Hi Kclark,</p><p> </p><p>thanks for the tip. yes in the workspace evthg is ok. however i am getting an out of index error when i run the attached report while it works just perfectly in 3.7.2 could you please how can i modify my 3.7.2 report in order to make it work in 4,3,0?</p><p> </p><p>regards</p><p>Boulos</p>
kclark
<p>Thanks for the report, can you post the full stack trace?</p>
boulos
Here is the full stack after running the report from the 4.3.0 designer. Note that this report is working ok from 3.7.2
Error happened while running the report.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.handleFatalExceptions(EngineTask.java:2360)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.doRun(RunTask.java:277)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.run(RunTask.java:86)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runReport(ReportEngineService.java:1325)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.runReport(BirtViewerReportService.java:158)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtRunReportActionHandler.__execute(BirtRunReportActionHandler.java:81)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtChangeParameterActionHandler.runReport(BirtChangeParameterActionHandler.java:58)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractChangeParameterActionHandler.__execute(AbstractChangeParameterActionHandler.java:52)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.java:47)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:143)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.handleChangeParameter(BirtDocumentProcessor.java:100)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.process(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:112)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingImpl.getUpdatedObjects(BirtSoapBindingImpl.java:66)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)
at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454)
at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:265)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:755)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper.service(ServletManager.java:180)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ServletRegistration.service(ServletRegistration.java:61)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.processAlias(ProxyServlet.java:128)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServlet.java:60)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.HttpServerManager$InternalHttpServiceServlet.service(HttpServerManager.java:386)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:669)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:457)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:229)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1075)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:384)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:193)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1009)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:135)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:368)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:489)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:953)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1014)
at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:861)
at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:235)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:82)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:628)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:52)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 124
at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.ParamManager.processParamMarkers(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.TdsCursor.a(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.TdsCursor.open(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybStatement.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybPreparedStatement.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Statement.executeQuery(Statement.java:477)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Statement.getMetaUsingPolicy1(Statement.java:420)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Statement.getMetaData(Statement.java:316)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.bidi.BidiStatement.getMetaData(BidiStatement.java:56)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.consumer.helper.OdaQuery.doGetMetaData(OdaQuery.java:423)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.consumer.helper.OdaQuery.getMetaData(OdaQuery.java:390)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.PreparedStatement.getRuntimeMetaData(PreparedStatement.java:407)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.PreparedStatement.getProjectedColumns(PreparedStatement.java:377)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.PreparedStatement.doGetMetaData(PreparedStatement.java:347)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.PreparedStatement.getMetaData(PreparedStatement.java:334)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSourceQuery.getMetaData(DataSourceQuery.java:440)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSourceQuery.prepare(DataSourceQuery.java:355)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery$OdaDSQueryExecutor.prepareOdiQuery(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:480)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.prepareExecution(QueryExecutor.java:346)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedQuery.doPrepare(PreparedQuery.java:463)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.produceQueryResults(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:190)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.execute(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:178)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery.execute(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:154)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.DataRequestSessionImpl.execute(DataRequestSessionImpl.java:634)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DteDataEngine.doExecuteQuery(DteDataEngine.java:152)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DataGenerationEngine.doExecuteQuery(DataGenerationEngine.java:83)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.AbstractDataEngine.execute(AbstractDataEngine.java:275)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.executeQuery(ExecutionContext.java:1947)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.QueryItemExecutor.executeQuery(QueryItemExecutor.java:80)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.TableItemExecutor.execute(TableItemExecutor.java:62)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.execute(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:46)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.emitter.ReportItemEmitterExecutor.execute(ReportItemEmitterExecutor.java:46)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.dup.SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.execute(SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.java:43)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.execute(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:46)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportItemExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportItemExecutor.java:34)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:65)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:92)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:100)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.ReportDocumentBuilder.build(ReportDocumentBuilder.java:249)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.doRun(RunTask.java:269)
boulos
Hello. Any updates?
kclark
<p>Sorry for the slow reply, I've been out of town, I'm trying to recreate this with the sample db and will let you know if I can recreate this.</p>
jverly01
<p>FWIW, I'm getting the same error when I downloaded a fresh version of Eclipse/BIRT and try to open a report file outside of the normal workspace. Open a file contained inside the workspace, via the navigator panel, works fine. </p>
Yaytay
<p>That stack trace indicates that the error is coming from inside the sybase JDBC driver - is that set up correctly in your 4.3.0 environment?</p><p>Can you preview the DataSet from inside eclipse?</p>
boulos
@jverly01
, i tried this and it didnt work. I am still getting the same error with same stack
@Yaytay
, i am getting the same error with the same stack when i want to preview the results from the dataset.
regards
boulos.
boulos
Hello,
Any updates about this issue?
Regards,
Boulos
kclark
<p>Are you able to connect to that data if you build a data set from a blank report within 4.3.0? I would try this to see if it's a problem in the report or somewhere else.</p>
boulos
Hi kclark,
The report originally was designed in 3.7.2 and it works fine when i execute it in 3.7.2 which means the report is ok. When i execute it in 4.3.0 i get this error.
Note that i tried to recreate an identical report in 4.3.0 and exceute it. In this case evthg was perfect.
Regards
Boulos
boulos
Hello,
Any updates abt this?
I noticed that when I am using the sample db, my report with a parameter is executed perfectly, while using JDBC driver it's not. Could it be related to the jconn jar i'm using? Is the jconn jar used for 3.7.2 incompatible with 4.3.0 and therefore i should change it?
Regards,
Boulos
kclark
<p>4.3.1 was recently released and you can now open rptdesign's outside of the workspace.</p><p> </p><p>boulos,</p><p> Can you download 4.3.1 and let me know if you're still having these issues?</p>
boulos
<p>Hi Kclark,</p><p> </p><p>I was about to update you with that. yes i downloaded 4.3.1 and the parameters issue is still there.</p><p>As I told you, when using the sample DB, a simple query like this:</p><p>"select Field1 from Table where Field2 = ?" is working. while connecting to my sybase DB, it is failing. could it be the Sybase Driver Jconn3.jar that I am using?</p><p> </p><p>Regards</p><p>Boulos</p>
boulos
<p>Hello,</p><p> </p><p>any updates here?</p><p> </p><p>thanks</p><p>Boulos</p>