Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report path in URL
ShlomiW
<p>Hi all,</p><p> </p><p>I have a report that is located in:</p><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote"><p>C:eclipseworkspacemyreportsreport1.rptdesign</p></blockquote><p> </p><p>Therefore I have set this value in the web.xml file:</p><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote"><p><context-param></p><div><param-name>BIRT_VIEWER_WORKING_FOLDER</param-name></div><div><param-value>C:eclipseworkspacemyreports</param-value></div><div></context-param></div></blockquote><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">When I run my report in any view I tried to set the followin value for the "</span><span style="font-size:14px;">__report" parameter:</span></p><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote"><p>__report=report1.rptdesign</p></blockquote><p> </p><p>But then I get the this error message:</p><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote"><p>The report file : /C:/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_4.3.0.v201306091347/birt///report1.rptdesign does not exist or contains errors.</p></blockquote><p> </p><p>As you can see the path is refers to</p><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote"><p>plugins/org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_4.3.0.v201306091347</p></blockquote><p> </p><p>Instead of referring to my folder (<span style="background-color:rgb(247,247,247);font-size:12px;">C:eclipseworkspacemyreports).</span></p><p> </p><p>Note: I know that the report has no errors init because if I use</p><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote"><p>__report=C:eclipseworkspacemyreportsreport1.rptdesign</p></blockquote><p> </p><p>The report runs without any errors.</p><p> </p><p>Can anyone explain to me where is my mistake?</p><p>Thanks you all</p><p>Shlomi</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
This is deployed to Tomcat? I'm not seeing the same issue with BIRT 4.3.
ShlomiW
<p>I'm using Birt 4.3, and I get this error message in the Jetty server.</p><p> </p><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ShlomiW" data-cid="118248" data-time="1373357526"><div><p>Therefore I have set this value in the web.xml file:</p><p> </p><p style="color:#000000;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"><context-param></p><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"><param-name>BIRT_VIEWER_WORKING_FOLDER</param-name></div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"><param-value>C:eclipseworkspacemyreports</param-value></div><div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"></context-param></div></div></blockquote><p> </p><p>I have made this change in the web.xml file that is located in:</p><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote"><p> </p><p>C:eclipsepluginsorg.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_4.3.0.v201306091347birtWEB-INF</p></blockquote>
mwilliams
So, this is just in the designer that you're changing this? Why are you not just placing reports in your workspace you've defined with Eclipse?
ShlomiW
<p>Thank for your reply.</p><p> </p><p>All the reports that I use are in my "workspace" folder.</p><p>I can call them with absolute path, but I need to support also relative path as well.</p><p>when I'm trying to use a relative path I get this error message</p><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote"><p> </p><p> </p>[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]The report file : /C:/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_4.3.0.v201306091347/birt///report1.rptdesign does not exist or contains errors.[/color]</blockquote><p> </p><p>Also as you can see this doesn't use my "workspace" folder as the base folder, and that is what I'm trying to change.</p>
mwilliams
This is all with the designer? Correct? If so, why not deploy the webviewerexample from the runtime download? It works as you're describing you want it to if you deploy the viewer to Tomcat or another app server.
ShlomiW
<p>Hi Michael, </p><p> </p><p>This thing is that I'm still working on some of the report, but in the meanwhile other developers in my company are working on other aspects of the report.</p><p>So I need to have reports that will work well in the designer (eclipse) and in the same time in my server.</p><p> </p><p>Hope that now my situation is more clear.</p><p>Have a great week</p><p>Shlomi</p>
mwilliams
<p>I guess my question is why run the reports by URL from the designer? Why not simply use the designer toolbar to run the report? Or is there a script within the report where you build a URL and testing this from the designer doesn't work? In other words, what forces you to use a URL when testing in the designer? Maybe I'm just missing something you've already said.
Let me know.</p>
ShlomiW
<p>Your second guess was the right one.</p><p> </p><p>I will give you an example:</p><p>I have a report that displays a Pie Chart</p><p>I want that the user will be able to press on any part of the pie and that will open a pop-up windows (with an "iframe" init) that displays a <strong>different </strong>report with data that is based on the part of the pie the user selected.</p><p>I have considered using birt Drill Down function but it doesn't work for me, because I'm making some actions with client side JavaScript before open the drill sown report. </p><p> </p><p>And because I must test all my reports before I moved them to Production I need to be able to run them with the designer.</p><p> </p><p>Hope that not all is more clear.</p><p>Waiting to hear from you again</p><p>Shlomi</p>
mwilliams
<p>Send me a simple example using the sample database so I can see what you're doing. Then, I can modify and test the same report.</p>
ShlomiW
<p>I have solved this issue by installing a Tomcat server (as localhost) on my machine and working with it instead of working with Jetty.</p><p> </p><p>Thank you for trying to help</p><p>Have a great week</p><p>Shlomi</p>
mwilliams
<p>Good to hear! You have a great week as well! Let us know whenever you have questions.</p>