Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem in accessing jars placed in birt/scriptlib
Viraja
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I have a jar file (WSReportDataRetriever.jar) which has a class (wsmetadatareader) in Packages.com.db.birt.wsmetadatareader</p><p> </p><p>I placed this jar in birt/scriptlib as shown in the screenshot External_jars. I wrote a small script code in initialize block as shown in Sample_Report.jpg.</p><p> </p><p>When I try to run it, its throwing me <strong>Report generation failed. Cause: Unhandled Exception when executing script </strong>(Error.jpg).</p><p> </p><p>The root case for the error is <strong>Birt is not able to recognize the jars</strong>. Could anyone help me where I went wrong and why Birt is not recognizing jars?</p><p> </p><p>I am using Actuate 10 and Birt Designer 2.3.2 version.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lnix
<p>You could try adding the jar as a resource to the report explicitly. </p><p>Does the Console show you any more details? You can show it by going to Window > Show View > other > General > Console.</p>
Viraja
<p>Hi Lindsay,</p><p> </p><p>I tried adding the jars to resources, But no luck, my jar is not being recognized.</p><p>Even in console nothing is being displayed. But in error log i am able to see the below message.</p><p> </p><p>eclipse.buildId=M20090211-1700
java.version=1.6.0_06
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86
Error
Wed Jul 24 05:05:56 EDT 2013
The 'org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.web.ui.internal.hyperlink.script.JSPJavaHyperlinkDetector' extension from plug-in 'org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.web.ui' to the 'org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor.hyperlinkDetectors' extension point will be ignored because it contains invalid attributes.
</p><p>Do you have any idea why I am getting the above error message?</p>