Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Opening old report in 4.3
eaj268
<p>I have a report I created using BIRT 4.0, and it isn't working in 4.3. It will open the report, but when previewing, it throws an error saying the established connection to the data source is not active. This report was working just fine in 4.0, is it not compatible with 4.3? Will I need to re-write the whole report in 4.3? Is there some way to fix this error?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I'm not sure what version is BIRT 4.0 (last several versions are 2.6, 3.7, 4.2, and 4.3), but have you tried just redoing the dataSource? Are you using a connection profile?
eaj268
<p>Sorry, version 4.2. I just tried redoing the dataSource, it gives the same error. I am not using a connection profile, should I be?</p>
mwilliams
No. I was going to suggest using a standard JDBC connection if you were. How do you pass in your connection info? Or do you simply define everything in the dataSource editor?
eaj268
<p>I think my problem is in setting up the JNDI URL. I can get the report to work through defining the Database URL and giving a username and password, but I am trying to get it to work by passing in a parameter to the Database URL and the JNDI URL without a username and password.</p>