Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Reusing ReportDesignHandle
bokie
<p>Hello gang,</p><p> </p><p>Is it safe to reuse a ReportDesignHandle instance after opening a report design from a file so that we can avoid disk IO:</p><p> </p><p>[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]ULocale locale = new ULocale(ULocale.UK.getBaseName());<br />
SessionHandle session = new SessionHandle(locale);<br />
reusableReportDesignHandle = session.openDesign("resources/report-design/report-1.rptdesign");[/font]</p><p> </p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Bokie</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Can you explain more about what you're trying to do?</p>
bokie
<p>Hi mwilliams,</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for taking the time to respond and I apologize for late response (tight dealines here).</p><p> </p><p>From what I can see ReportDesignHandle isn't thread safe, which probably makes sense considering it's functionality. However, I was wondering if an instance of this object can be reused to generate reports by multiple threads if the instance properties are not changed - i.e. the dataset, report parameter values change for each thread but the ReportDesignHandle properties do not.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Jorge</p>