Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Hiding page break together with hiding element
boris256
<p>I have a report that is presented as 8 pages using page breaks. The report provides two types of information. I need to export the report data to Excel in a slightly different format - the two types of information need to go into two separate worksheets. There is no need for pagination there.</p><p> </p><p>What I have done so far is I created three tables: one that is visible for all outputs except Excel (the 8 page report) and two tables inside a grid that is visible only for the Excel output. The first of the Excel tables has a page break after it to allow for exporting the two tables as two worksheets. I'm having two problems:</p><p> </p><p>- When exporting to Excel, I get a file with 9 worksheets - the first 7 are empty, and the last two have the data I need. So all the page breaks are still there, even though the table element is not visible.</p><p> </p><p>- Vice versa, when viewing in BIRT, I get a blank page at the end because the two hidden tables (in the grid intended for Excel) still display the page break.</p><p> </p><p>In other words, I need page breaks to turn off when I turn off the visibility of the associated element. I need to avoid having the page breaks display when their corresponding element is hidden. Is there a way to do that?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Can you post your rptdesign?</p>