Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to set date time parameter for dataset programatically
jmuthuku
<p>Hi,</p><p> I have a SQL based dataset with 2 parameters of type DateTime. I am trying to set the values for the parameters in beforeOpen as follows:</p><pre class="_prettyXprint">....} else if (reportContext.getParameterValue("period").equals("monthly")) {var date = new Date();var startDate = new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth(), 1);var endDate = new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth() + 1, 0);this.setInputParameterValue("startDate", startDate);this.setInputParameterValue("endDate", endDate);} .. ..</pre><div> </div><div>But when I run the report I get the following error:</div><div>[color=#ff0000;]<span>- [/color]An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:<br />
Failed to prepare the query execution for the data set: CompletedJobsByRole<br />
<span class='bbc_underline'>Cannot convert the parameter value org.mozilla.javascript.NativeDate@b4fe832 to type class java.sql.Timestamp.<br />
Can not convert the value of org.mozilla.javascript.NativeDate@b4fe832 to Date type. (Element ID:824) exception.error ( 1 time(s) )</span><br />
detail : org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:<br />
Failed to prepare the query execution for the data set: CompletedJobsByRole<br />
Cannot convert the parameter value org.mozilla.javascript.NativeDate@b4fe832 to type class java.sql.Timestamp.<br />
Can not convert the value of org.mozilla.javascript.NativeDate@b4fe832 to Date type. (Element ID:824)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1237)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1216)</span></div><div> </div><div>I'd appreciate if someone could help. Some sample code would be even better. Thanks</div><div> </div><div>btw, the idea is to get the start and end dates of the current month and pass it to the query.</div><div> </div><div>- J</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Are you doing this with the sample DB or your own data? If it's your own data what format are the dates stored as in the DB?</p>
jmuthuku
<p>hi,</p><p> Thanks for getting back.</p><p> </p><p>I am using my own data from a Postgres database. The date format is "2013-07-18 23:20:10.002753+00".</p><p> </p><p>Thanks again.</p>
kclark
<p>Can you post your rptdesign with some sample data in xml format for me to test with so I can write an example for you?</p>
jmuthuku
<p style="color:#000000;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Hi,</p><p style="color:#000000;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I have attached a sample rptdesign file here. Based on the parameter value selected (monthly/weekly) i am trying to compute the start and end dates of the month/week and set the parameter value in the beforeOpen method of the dataset.</p><p style="color:#000000;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> </p><p style="color:#000000;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> When I run the report based on the sampledb it doesn't show any data because the order dates in the sample are not in the current month/week. I don't know how to alter the data in the sampledb so that i can simulate it exactly the way my actual report that goes after a postgres database. But it may give you an idea of how my code looks like and if I have made any mistakes in it.</p><p style="color:#000000;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> </p><p style="color:#000000;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Thanks again.</p><p style="color:#000000;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> </p><p style="color:#000000;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">- J</p>