Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Alignment Problem with fields containing javascript expressions
larrychan
<p>Please see the attached screen shot and the rptdesign.</p><p> </p><p>Notice that "Trust Level" and "Last Modified On" are misaligned, even though I have put them inside the same column of a grid.</p><p> </p><p>There's a "Name" field that is situated on the same row as "Trust Level". I have a javascript expression in the "Name" field set to</p><p> "(" + dataSet["description"] + ")"</p><p> </p><p>If I just have dataSet["description"] without adding the parenthesis, then things are aligned correctly.</p><p> </p><p>Could you please help as I'm trying to align the columns without using fixed size column widths? </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Can you change the layout to fixed and tell me if they are still misaligned since I can't run the report?</p>
larrychan
<p>If I change layout to fixed, it's aligned properly. Is there a way to make auto layout work?</p>
kclark
<p>You might be able to get the width of the report in points and adjust each label from script to add padding to the left to keep everything aligned.</p>
larrychan
<p>Could you provide some sample code?</p>