Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Extra page break appears when export to PDF
larrychan
<p>Please refer to the attached rtpdesign and the exported PDF.</p><p> </p><p>I have a simple table querying from a database. The total number of rows fetched in this case is 56.</p><p> </p><p>By default, a table has its "Page Break Interval" set to 40. In the browser, I was able to see that it's broken into 2 pages, with the first page having 40 rows and the 2nd page 16 rows.</p><p> </p><p>I then exported it to PDF. The problem is that it's trying to export each HTML page into PDF, instead of taking into account the entire data set and "redistribute" it properly to the individual PDF pages. The result, as you can see in the attached PDF, is that the 1st page contains 17 rows, followed by 21 rows, then 2 rows! And after a huge blank of space, the exported PDF continues with the rest of the data set. Since 17+21+2 = 40, I came to a conclusion that it's just exporting each HTML page in turn and it doesn't re-layout the data set on PDF.</p><p> </p><p>Any solution to this problem? This is very annoying.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Why do you have the table in a grid? You could have the table by itself and then add another header above the column headers. Then change the visibility of the report title depending on what page you're on. I think the weird page break has something to do with your grid.</p>