Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt 4.3 and new emitters
evgenyak
<p>Hello,</p><p> </p><p>I'm using Birt 3.7.2 and in order to export to variety of formats I'm currently using: Tribix (DOC, PPT) and SpudSoft (XLS) emitters.</p><p> </p><p>I understood that Birt 4.3 as many built-in emitters, including the SpudSoft (XLS) emitter.</p><p> </p><p>Where can I get the list of supported values for IRenderOption.EMITTER_ID</p><p> </p><p>Thanks,</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
<p>Attached is an example report that will show you the list of available Emitter ID's.</p><pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-"><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><report xmlns="http://www.eclipse.org/birt/2005/design" version="3.2.23" id="1"> <property name="createdBy">Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 4.2.1.v201209101448 Build <4.2.1.v20120912-1721></property> <property name="units">in</property> <property name="iconFile">/templates/blank_report.gif</property> <property name="bidiLayoutOrientation">ltr</property> <property name="imageDPI">96</property> <styles> <style name="report" id="4"> <property name="fontFamily">sans-serif</property> <property name="fontSize">10pt</property> </style> <style name="crosstab-cell" id="5"> <property name="borderBottomColor">#CCCCCC</property> <property name="borderBottomStyle">solid</property> <property name="borderBottomWidth">1pt</property> <property name="borderLeftColor">#CCCCCC</property> <property name="borderLeftStyle">solid</property> <property name="borderLeftWidth">1pt</property> <property name="borderRightColor">#CCCCCC</property> <property name="borderRightStyle">solid</property> <property name="borderRightWidth">1pt</property> <property name="borderTopColor">#CCCCCC</property> <property name="borderTopStyle">solid</property> <property name="borderTopWidth">1pt</property> </style> <style name="crosstab" id="6"> <property name="borderBottomColor">#CCCCCC</property> <property name="borderBottomStyle">solid</property> <property name="borderBottomWidth">1pt</property> <property name="borderLeftColor">#CCCCCC</property> <property name="borderLeftStyle">solid</property> <property name="borderLeftWidth">1pt</property> <property name="borderRightColor">#CCCCCC</property> <property name="borderRightStyle">solid</property> <property name="borderRightWidth">1pt</property> <property name="borderTopColor">#CCCCCC</property> <property name="borderTopStyle">solid</property> <property name="borderTopWidth">1pt</property> </style> </styles> <page-setup> <simple-master-page name="Simple MasterPage" id="2"> <page-footer> <text id="3"> <property name="contentType">html</property> <text-property name="content"><![CDATA[<value-of>new Date()</value-of>]]></text-property> </text> </page-footer> </simple-master-page> </page-setup> <body> <text-data id="7"> <expression name="valueExpr">var x = 0; var emitterInfo = reportContext.getReportRunnable().getReportEngine().getEmitterInfo(); var sb = new Packages.java.lang.StringBuilder(); for (x = 0; x < emitterInfo.length; x++) { var info = emitterInfo[x]; var id = info.getID(); var format = info.getFormat(); sb.append(id + " - " + format + "<br>n"); } sb.toString();</expression> <property name="contentType">html</property> </text-data> </body></report></pre>
evgenyak
<p>Works like charm, thanks!</p>
evgenyak
<p>How do I know what are the available Render Options in this version?</p>
evgenyak
<p>I think I managed with most of RenderOptions.</p><p>However, I'm still stuck with CSV rendering - which RenderOption should I use?</p>
CBR
<p>CSV output is not done using an emitter (there are some third party emitters available that will enable BIRT to also output as CSV). So it is not possible to output a report as a CSV file.</p><p> </p><p>One might ask how BIRT is able to export CSV if there is no emitter doing it:</p><p>Once you have generated a report document, one can open that rptdocument using the BIRT runtime engine and extract data as CSV.</p><p>Have a look at: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/index.php?/topic/21799-accessing-dataset-at-runtime/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/index.php?/topic/21799-accessing-dataset-at-runtime/</a></p>
;