Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problems with report after adding script
BRM
<p>I have a report that I have been working on in BIRT Designer Pro. Essentially I am trying to compute t-statistics for groups in the report. The report that displays groups works just fine.</p><p> </p><p>So then I put the following script in the Count aggregate element:onCreate event in the group footer of the table:</p><p>The averages, standard deviations and counts are computed via aggregate functions in the footer. </p><p>The function tStat is in the report initialize event.</p><pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-js">grp = this.getRowData().getColumnValue("group");if(grp=="Treatment Group"){ avg_fu1_tx=this.getRowData().getColumnValue("avg_fu1"); std_fu1_tx=this.getRowData().getColumnValue("std_fu1"); cnt_fu1_tx=this.getRowData().getColumnValue("cnt_fu1"); } if(grp=="Control Group"){ avg_fu1_ctl=this.getRowData().getColumnValue("avg_fu1"); std_fu1_ctl=this.getRowData().getColumnValue("std_fu1"); cnt_fu1_ctl=this.getRowData().getColumnValue("cnt_fu1"); } t1 = tStat(avg_fu1_tx, avg_fu1_ctl, std_fu1_tx, std_fu1_ctl, cnt_fu1_tx, cnt_fu1_ctl); Packages.java.lang.System.out.println("t1 = " + t1); reportContext.setPersistentGlobalVariable("fu1_t",t1.toString()); myVar = reportContext.getPersistentGlobalVariable("fu1_t"); Packages.java.lang.System.out.println("myVar = " + myVar);</pre><p>Now, I *know* that this script works because the console output I get when I run this is:</p><p> </p><p>t1 = -1.07629976</p><p>myVar = -1.07629976 (I put myVar in this script to recall the PGV just to see if that part was working ok.)</p><p> </p><p>But when I run this report I get the error:</p><p>[color=#ff0000;]There is an error in processing your request. Error code 17070.[/color]</p><p> </p><p>So what could be happening here? i.e. The report runs fine with no script, then I put in a script that appears to work fine and the report blows up.</p><p> </p><p>Any help would be appreciated.</p><p> </p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Can you post the rptdesign please?</p>
BRM
<p>I can't post the report design. I did manage to figure out a few things about this error. In one instance I had a misspelled variable in one of my scripts and this was the error that was generated when the script blew up. In another instance I was making some modifications to dataset queries. I wasn't changing the output fields in any way but I was making some extensive changes to the underlying query. I was able to resolve the error by setting the dataset binding for the report table to "nothing" and then setting it back to the dataset I just changed )i.e. toggle the dataset binding). Using "refresh" on the dataset binding didn't seem to help.</p><p> </p><p>Anyway, not a lot of answers here but maybe this will help someone with were to start looking if they get this error.</p>
DavidGress
<p>I'm getting this 17070 error code in BIRT 11SP4 designer while trying to use a scripted data source.</p><p> </p><p>Has anyone ran in to the reason why this error is generated?</p>