Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Grouping by Month/Year in Chart
brianlevin
<p>I'm attempting to do a grouping by month/year in a chart that is based on a datacube. Please see attached report design. The chart is grouping only based on the month (as July and Aug 2013 are not shown separately, but instead counted as part of July and Aug 2012).</p><p> </p><p>Essentially I would like the x-axis to go from July 2012 to August 2013.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance!!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>I'm having a hard time viewing your rptdesign, from the chart builder UI > select data > edit grouping and sorting. Did you group and sort your chart from here?</p>
brianlevin
<p>I sorted the chart from "edit grouping and sorting" button. The x-axis is set as a category axis, because I'm treating each month/year as a separate value. It just seems there is something wrong with the chart options that it's grouping July 2012 and July 2013 together.</p><p> </p><p>When I create a table / crosstab based on a data cube, the values are shown separately.</p>