Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic Default values for User Parameters
atrionfi
<p>I have a report with a few user parameters. When the report is run, I would like to grab the values selected for those user parameters and establish them as the default values for the user parameters the next time the report is run. Is there an easy way to do such a thing? I am using BIRT 2.6.1. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>There are a couple of ways you could do this. How are you keeping track of which user is coming back to the report? You could write a script to write back the values to a db and then use them as the default depending on the user.</p>
atrionfi
<p>
@kclark
,</p><p> </p><p>In this case, we do not really care who is using the report. It will only be a small number of people that will be using the report. You idea to update a db table with the values is a great idea. I think we will give that a shot. Thanks for your advice.</p>
kclark
<p>No problem! Let me know if you have anymore questions!
</p>