Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt Chart with Static Data in Birt Report
nakul02
<div>Hi,</div><div> </div><div>I am new to birt and have browsed through some example code and gone through some videos to understand what birt can do.</div><div> </div><div>Here is my problem:</div><div> </div><div>In my project, I have a birt chart object (of type org.eclipse.birt.chart.model.Chart) constructed using the birt chart api. This is painted on to a SWT canvas. The chart object contains the data statically. The data was precomputed and put into the chart object (using chart.getSeriesDefinitions().add(...))</div><div> </div><div>I am trying to put this pre-constructed chart object into a Birt Report.</div><div>I have been going through the example code in org.eclipse.birt.chart.examples.report.api.StockReport. In this example, static data populates the chart by embedding javascript code in the "open" and "fetch" methods of the data set.</div><div> </div><div>I've tried serializing my chart to XML (using an instance of org.eclipse.birt.chart.model.impl.SerializerImpl) and then pasting the generated xml into a report, replacing a placeholder chart. The previewer complained of not having a "data definition".</div><div> </div><div>Is there a way to put pre-constructed chart objects with static data in a neater way or would I need to do what was done in the org.eclipse.birt.chart.examples.report.api.StockReport example code?</div><div> </div><div> </div><div>Thanks</div><div> </div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet