Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Custom Parameter Page - Dynamic Value
newbie_12
<p>Hi All,</p><p> </p><p>I have created custom parameter page and successful in retrieving the elements of the report parameter into my combo box when the report parameter is a static value.</p><p> </p><p>However, now the report parameter is need to be changed to a dynamic value (value list picked up from dataset - DB), In that case how can the report parameters be passed to JSP page in the combo box ?</p><p>Is it possible using BIRT Parameterpage ? </p><p>Please help</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p>Mangalam</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>When using the birt tag library if you're using the correct tag the values for the combo box should be pulled in automatically for you. What problem are you running into? Can you post your rptdesign and jsp?</p>
newbie_12
<p>Hi Clark,</p><p> </p><p>I am using it in my JAVA file and not BIRT library.</p><p> </p><p>I am looking for something quivalent of the code below -</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>IScalarParameterDefn scalar = (IScalarParameterDefn) param;
System.out.println(param.getName());
//Parameter is a List Box
if(scalar.getControlType() == IScalarParameterDefn.LIST_BOX)
{
Collection selectionList = task.getSelectionList( param.getName() );
//Selection contains data
if ( selectionList != null )
{
for ( Iterator sliter = selectionList.iterator( ); sliter.hasNext( ); )
{
//Print out the selection choices
IParameterSelectionChoice selectionItem = (IParameterSelectionChoice) sliter.next( );
String value = (String)selectionItem.getValue( );
String label = selectionItem.getLabel( );
System.out.println( label + "--" + value);
}
}
}</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Below code only retrieves the static list using getSelectionList()</p><p>How do I fetch the dynamic list ?</p><p> </p><p>I dont want to use BIRTParameterpage since it adds dependency on ensuring that ID and NAme of report parameter matches that in JSP.</p><p> </p><p>I prefer to fetch all the values from DB, construct an HTMLString in my java and return that to my JSP.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p>Mangalam</p>
newbie_12
<p>Hi Clark,</p><p> </p><p>Please any guidance on this will be really helpful.</p><p>Please help me out. I am stuck from long time on this now.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p>Mangalam</p>
newbie_12
<p>Clark,</p><p> </p><p>Any inputs on this will be really helpful</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p>Mangalam</p>