Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Chart Custom Properties
rdpeterson
<p>I created a report with a fairly complex query with a grouped detail listing section followed by a summary chart. I want to exclude a particular group from the chart, but not from the detailed data listing section. I would prefer not to have to run a different query for the summary chart at the end as this would significantly increase report run time.</p><p> </p><p>In the Edit Chart dialog under Format Chart > Chart Area, there is a Custom Properties button. However, I can find no documentation on its use anywhere in the BIRT forums, and only found this brief mention from the BIRT designer built-in help system:</p><p> </p><p style="margin-left:40px;"><em>[color=#0000ff;]A custom property associates a value or expression with each instance of<br />
a chart. Use a custom property in an event handler to modify the default<br />
behavior of a chart.[/color]</em></p><p style="margin-left:40px;"><em>[color=#0000ff;]To add a custom property, type a name in the text box below the list of<br />
custom properties.<br />
Then, choose Add Next, type a value or expression to set the initial value<br />
of the custom property.[/color]</em></p><p style="margin-left:40px;"><em>[color=#0000ff;]To use the custom property in an event handler, write code similar to the<br />
following line:<br />
chart.getExtendedProperties().get(0).getValue()[/color]</em></p><p style="margin-left:40px;"> </p><p>I'm hoping there's a function to hide a selected group programmatically as I did in Actuate Report Designer 7 with Maximo 5.2. Thanks.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Have you tried to create a filter expression from "select data" of the chart builder UI? You should be able to create some logic from there that allows you to only show a specific set of data in your chart.</p>