Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Upgrading from 4.2 to 4.2.2 or 4.3
jlux33
<p>I have a working CENTOS server on Amazon running BIRT 4.2.0. I have been using the machine for several years running through BIRT 2.6, 3.7, 4.2 etc.</p><p> </p><p>When I try to upgrade to 4.2.2 or 4.3, the view does not work. I am simply dropping the war file in the webapps folder...and the IP:8080/birt returns:</p><p> </p> HTTP Status 404 - /birt/<p style="font-family:Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-size:12px;"><strong class='bbc'>type</strong> Status report</p><p style="font-family:Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-size:12px;"><strong class='bbc'>message</strong> <span class='bbc_underline'>/birt/</span></p><p style="font-family:Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-size:12px;"><strong class='bbc'>description</strong> <span class='bbc_underline'>The requested resource (/birt/) is not available.</span></p> Apache Tomcat/7.0.29<p>If I drop the war file in for 4.2.0, the view loads fine.</p><p> </p><p>What am I missing?</p><p> </p><p>tomcat = 7.0.29</p><p>jdk = 7.0.25</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Do you get any other information in your log file? If you look at the Tomcat deployment window, do you see any issues had with deploying the war?</p>
jlux33
<p>This is what I get in the Tomcat Log file Catlina.out when I drop the birt.war from 4.2.2 into the webapps folder:</p><p> </p><div>Jul 31, 2013 5:41:29 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR</div><div>INFO: Deploying web application archive /usr/share/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/webapps/birt.war</div><div>Jul 31, 2013 5:41:39 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.TaglibUriRule body</div><div>INFO: TLD skipped. URI: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/taglibs/birt.tld'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/taglibs/birt.tld</a>
; is already defined</div><div>Jul 31, 2013 5:41:44 PM org.apache.jasper.EmbeddedServletOptions <init></div><div>SEVERE: The scratchDir you specified: /usr/share/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/work/Catalina/localhost/birt is unusable.</div><div>Jul 31, 2013 5:41:44 PM org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase start</div><div>INFO: The start() method was called on component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/birt]] after start() had already been called. The second call will be ignored.</div>
jlux33
<p>4.3.0 has the same problem, but 4.2.0 works fine. I deleted the [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]/usr/share/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.29/work/Catalina/localhost/birt folder and it is working now. The scratch folder had root ownership. Something must have changed between 4.2.0 and 4.2.2 because 4.2.0 deploys fine.[/color]</p><p> </p><p>[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Anyway...all good now.[/color]</p>
mwilliams
<p>Glad to hear that everything is all good now. Let us know whenever you have questions!</p>