Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Performance related question
mario_galjanic
<p>[color=#000000;][font="calibri, sans-serif;"]<span style="font-size:11pt;">What are the call outs used in BIRT? [/color][/font]</span></p><p>[color=#000000;][font="calibri, sans-serif;"]<span style="font-size:11pt;">Does it bog down at a certain point? [/color][/font]</span></p><p>[color=#000000;][font="calibri, sans-serif;"]<span style="font-size:11pt;">Are there technologies (cubes, multi-pass SQL, etc.) that improve performance?[/color][/font]</span></p><p> </p><p>[color=#000000;][font="calibri, sans-serif;"]<span style="font-size:11pt;">Thanks,[/color][/font]</span></p><p>[color=#000000;][font="calibri, sans-serif;"]<span style="font-size:11pt;">Mario[/color][/font]</span></p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Have you downloaded the Eclipse version or the trial version of Actuate BIRT to check it out? Can you tell me more about your application?</p>
mario_galjanic
<p>I am still in research phase and I have couple of questions that need answers.</p><p>After all "flags" are marked green I proceed to installation and then I will be able to answer your questions, not sooner.</p><p>Can you help out with these questions?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks, Mario</p>
mwilliams
<p>As always, some of the performance will depend on your hardware. There are dataSet parameters to allow you to run the same query with different parameters when you have sub-tables. This allows you to avoid filtering your entire dataSet for each group. There are cubes and crosstabs. Actuate BIRT has progressive viewing which allows you to see the first pages of the report while the others are still rendering. How you design your reports will also affect performance. Hope this helps.</p>