Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Nested tables using Pojo ODA DS
garberfc
<p>I have a need to create a report with nested tables (3 deep). The information for the nested tables maps to the data in an underlying pojo object like lists inside of lists. I know it would be possible to create the report dynamically using the design API, but I'd like to design the report using the designer to take advantage of it's obvious power.</p><p> </p><p>Is it possible to accomplish this using a pojo object without scripting? Maybe using events?</p><p> </p><p>Is it possible to design the report w/o data sources or sets and reference it via the report engine and dynamically insert the detail rows / data?</p><p> </p><p>All help is welcome!</p><p>F</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
garberfc
<p>I didn't find a solution to my question above. I think I may have been approaching the problem/solution from the wrong direction...</p><p> </p><p>I did find a <em>workaround</em>... I took the nested data and flattened it out in the pojo. So, instead of having the hierarchy of data, I have a single pojo with lots of attributes. BIRT handles that by means of groups.</p><p> </p><p>I hope this may help the next person attempting something similar.</p><p>F</p>
mwilliams
<p>Thanks for updating your thread. Questions about designing items for reports are best asked in the designing forum. This forum doesn't get checked quite as often as that one.
</p>