Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Aggregation fuction SUM do not work properly
avujic
<p>I have report that sums up some values. I am using data type FLOAT because I am summing amounts.</p><p> </p><p>Problem is, if sum of amounts is bigger than 1 000 000 (seven digits) it inserts E in result.</p><p> </p><p>Example: sum is 13 000 000</p><p> result is 1.3E7</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Can someone tell me how to prevent this from happening?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>In attachment, you'll find specific aggregation builder.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
hvb
<p>What kind of amounts?</p><p>If it is it a scientific computation, then float is ok, and 1.3E7 is ok as well.</p><p>If it's about money, you should use Decimal instead of float.</p>
avujic
<p>It's about money.</p><p> </p><p>Ok, i'll try with Decimal</p>
avujic
<p>Decimal worked for me. </p><p>One more thing bugs me... How to put dots between numbers?</p><p> </p><p>Example: Instead of 12320, I want to say 12.320,00.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>How can I achieve that?</p><p> </p><p>P.S. sorry for my bad english</p>
ahsiang
<p>Have you tried using Format As = Currency and fixed it to be your locale to Auto? Using Auto it will detect your laptop or server locale and fixed the decimal or currency symbol.</p>
avujic
<p>Worked like a charm.
</p><p> </p><p>Thank you very much.</p>