Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
X-axis show e.g. months which have no data
Albretti
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I'm a absolute beginner to Birt and hope to find help here.</p><p> </p><p>1. What I want to do is a report (Bargraph) that shows for example all 12 month of a year and it's corresponding data, but when I setup a graph months without data aren't displayed.</p><p> </p><p>2. I have to tables with different formats of x-axis values like</p><p>-the first one has months like TG13-01,TG13-02....TG13-12 and its corresponding data for the y-axis series1(so these are already grouped per month as doesnt' include days.</p><p> </p><p>-the second one has months like 2013-01-08,2013-01-16...2013-12-24 and its corresponding data for the y-axis for series2 (which need to be grouped monthwise)</p><p> </p><p>What need I to do to get the bargraphs for sieries1 and series2, side to side per month in one graph?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance for your help</p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>It sounds like you need a bar graph with two series, it should put the bars next to each other, can you attach some sample xml?</p>
Albretti
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>here is some sample data how it should look like:</p><p> </p><p>So what I want is gather monthly data (summed up for "Date") and showing this against the Targetmonth.</p><p>E.g. For January I would like to show in one series the 300 from "Date" of January against the second series 100 from "Target" and so on.</p><p> </p> Date Amount1 Targetmonth Interpret month Amount2 08.01.2013 100 TG01 01.01.2013 100 16.01.2013 200 TG02 01.02.2013 250 08.02.2013 400 TG03 01.03.2013 400 16.02.2013 200 TG04 01.04.2013 200 08.02.2013 300 TG05 01.05.2013 300 16.02.2013 500 TG06 01.06.2013 500 08.03.2013 300 TG07 01.07.2013 300 16.04.2013 600 TG08 01.08.2013 600 08.05.2013 800 TG09 01.09.2013 800 24.06.2013 900 TG10 01.10.2013 900 08.07.2013 100 TG11 01.11.2013 100 24.07.2013 200 TG12 01.12.2013 200 24.08.2013 400 08.08.2013 200 16.08.2013 300 08.09.2013 500 16.10.2013 300 24.11.2013 200 08.12.2013 400 <p> </p><p>attached is a screenshot how it should look like</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for your support</p>
Albretti
<p>table in my post yesterday didn't show up as expected, but the attachment shows I think everything quite nice,</p><p> </p><p>Anyone a suggestion how to handle this issue?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p>
Albretti
<p>ok, the first part of my question I found answered finally here:</p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://enterprisesmartapps.wordpress.com/2012/09/27/birt-format-chart-axis-scale/'>http://enterprisesmartapps.wordpress.com/2012/09/27/birt-format-chart-axis-scale/</a></p><p> </p><p>so
only question 2. is still open. Basically the question is how do I get together different Data assignements from two different month-assignements side by side in one graph. (e.g. 500: March vs 700: 03 where the data comes from different data assignments)</p><p> </p><p>any Idea?</p><p> </p><p>added sample report + sample files ; so the third barchart should contain the two above bar charts in one single chart side by side</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for your support</p>
Albretti
<p>anybody out there who could help me with that problem...?</p>
Albretti
<p>Any Ideas?</p>
kclark
<p>Sorry for the late reply. If you want two bars to compare the values for each month then you'll need to add another series.</p><p> </p><p>So if you want to compare Camount and Pamount for each month you'll need to have Camount as series 1 in the chart builder UI, then select the drop down and select "new series" then add Pamount there. This should let you compare the two values for each month. Let me know if that answers your question.
</p>
Albretti
<p>Thanks for your feedback.</p><p>I understand how to insert a new series, that's what I already did, but the problem lies in the fact that I have 2 different value columns for the x-Axis.That is what I did in my example, thus the first chart is just the Camount data, the second chart is just the Pamount data. And the 3rd chart should show both together, but as you can see the values are different with regards to the single charts, because I would need to say in the Category x-Series that there are two different x-values to be taken into consideration.</p><p>So I have Camount values belonging to Cmonth and Pamount to Pmonth but how can I tell birt that there is another x-value which corresponds to its own y-values?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks again in advance for your help</p>
Albretti
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>any idea how to solve this issue? Seems pretty tricky...</p>
BRM
<p>So if I look at your data for Pyear = 2013 and Pmonth = 06 (just the first few rows)</p><p> </p><div><div>ID<span> </span> Plan<span> </span> Pyear<span> </span>Pmonth<span> </span>Pamount<span> </span>Cdate<span> </span> Cyear<span> </span>Cmonth<span> </span>Camount</div><div>401<span> </span>TG13.06<span> </span>2013<span> </span> 06<span> </span> 120<span> </span> 7/8/2013<span> </span> 2013<span> </span> 7 <span> </span> 150</div><div>666<span> </span>TG13.06<span> </span>2013<span> </span> 06<span> </span> 50<span> </span> 6/8/2013 <span> </span> 2013<span> </span> 6 <span> </span> 50</div><div>857<span> </span>TG13.06<span> </span>2013<span> </span> 06<span> </span> 225<span> </span> 6/16/2013<span> </span>2013<span> </span> 6 <span> </span> 225</div><div>858<span> </span>TG13.06<span> </span>2013<span> </span> 06<span> </span> 150<span> </span> 6/16/2013<span> </span>2013<span> </span> 6 <span> </span> 150</div><div>860<span> </span>TG13.06<span> </span>2013<span> </span> 06<span> </span> 225<span> </span> 6/16/2013<span> </span>2013<span> </span> 6 <span> </span> 225</div><div>861<span> </span>TG13.06<span> </span>2013<span> </span> 06<span> </span> 150<span> </span> 6/16/2013<span> </span>2013<span> </span> 6 <span> </span> 150</div><div>922<span> </span>TG13.06<span> </span>2013<span> </span> 06<span> </span> 100<span> </span> 5/24/2013<span> </span>2013<span> </span> 5 <span> </span> 100</div></div><div> </div><p> </p><p>What I think you are attempting is to produce a chart where the sum of Pamount and the sum of Camount appear side by side on a bar chart? </p><p> </p><p>In the snippet above are ID 401 and 922 supposed to be included in the Camount total? because they don't occur during the same month year as the Pamounts.</p><p> </p><p>I guess I am having trouble understanding what your end result is here.</p>
Albretti
<p>you just have to see both colums as different associations, i.e. I have a column Pmonth with associated Pamount and a colum Cmonth with its camount values, or in other words It's like having two different tables and I would like to bring the data of its associated values to the same x-axis. Or with regard to the snippet you made: all the values from Pmonth:Pamount and Cmonth:Camount shall be showed in the same diagramm side by side to the correct month, i.e. I would have a total amount of Pamount in June with 1000 and for Camount 800</p>
BRM
<p>If I understand what you are trying to do then what I would do would be to, as you say, treat this as two tables with two separate queries to produce the sums you want and then join the two tables on the date field. You can do the join either in SQL or the BIRT data set editor.</p>