Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic table content based on master table row filter
abhiallen
<p>Hello guys,</p><p> </p><p>i am trying to filter the query result and change the table content based on the filtering of master table rows.</p><p> </p><p>I have table A which shows higher level data with each row for specific category </p><p>Table B below table A is a drill down data for all the rows in master table A. I want something where if i filter Table A, then based on the filtered rows of A, the data in Table B changes dynamically.</p><p> </p><p>something like filtering of table A, would give us a list of row IDs which will generate the data in table B for those row IDs. I found this interesting : "[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Or you could create a grouped table below the first table, grouped on your field from the top table. Then, you'd use client side script in HTML text boxes to determine what group from the second table to show when a hyperlink is clicked.[/color]"</p><p>I am using BIRT designer professional version: 11.0.4 build: 20120420</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>thanks</p><p>Abhishek</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lnix
<p>Are you doing this filtering in the Interactive Viewer?</p>
abhiallen
<p>linx,</p><p> </p><p>yes the filtering of the master table is done with interactive viewer, and the resulting rows should dynamically change the content of the detail table content.</p><p> </p><p>thanks</p>