Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Sections not processing
lotusman
<p>Hey All,</p><p> </p><p>I am encountering a weird situation. I have built a fairly massive report with multiple subsections in it each with it's own logic, dataset, etc. This can be launched in two different ways - either as an individual, or as an aggregated report (it's all the same report design). If it's run as an aggregate report (which is how it was originally designed) all sections display correctly. There are a set of report parameters determining if the section should be displayed or not. The problem arises when it's run as an individual. The parameters are all correct, the flags to determine if a section is displayed are all correct in that all should be displayed, but yet it seems to stop about half way through the report and the subsequent sections are not displaying. And I can't figure out why not. </p><p> </p><p>I can see no reason why the sections are not being processed. I have enabled logging all the way down to FINEST level, but there are no errors and I can't determine why the sections are not being processed similar to the preceding sections. I logged the aggregate report as well for comparison and it processes the sections as expected - but those processing section logs are simply not present when run as an individual, so I'm stumped as to why the sections are not being processed and displayed for the individual version of the report. I removed the visibility flags for some of the missing sections (so that it should always display), but they still didn't show up. I have run the datasets independently with the same parameters and data is being returned. </p><p> </p><p>Has anyone else encountered this phenomenon. I am at a loss as to how to troubleshoot this further as I can't find any reason as to why it's not processing as expected when the Aggregate does. I could at least understand if the Aggregate didn't work as well, but since it does, this makes the fact that the individual doesn't very inconsistent. </p><p> </p><p>I am using BIRT 3.7.2.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Can you post the rptdesign and some sample data if you can?</p>