Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cannot open report exported to .ppt in microsoft powerpoint 2013
sujatha@789
<p>iam using Birt 3.7.2</p><p> </p><p>i rendered birt report to microsoft powerpoint.</p><p>iam unable to open it in powerpoint 2013.</p><p> </p><p>i got the same problem for powerpoint 2010.</p><p>For that i found a solution ,instead of saving it as .ppt i saved report as .pht then iam able to open in 2010</p><p> </p><p>Now pht extension was not working for powerpoint 2013</p><p> </p><p>is there any fix for this problem?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>I'll try to recreate this on my end, can you <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php'>post
a bug</a> for this and link it here please?</p>
Yaytay
<p>I'm afraid that I think you're going to be out of luck with BIRT 3.7.2.</p><p>The Office files that BIRT used to generate were all XML files in an interoperability format defined by Microsoft - unfortunately they didn't define a file extension for them and in Office 2010 PowerPoint stopped working with them.</p><p> </p><p>You've got two options that I know of:</p><ul class='bbc'><li>Change emitter - I used to use Tribix (don't use the XLS emitter, but I found the PPT emitter OK with a more recent POI).</li><li>Upgrade to BIRT 4.3.0 - I haven't actually tested this yet, but I believe this outputs correct PPT files.</li></ul><p>Jim</p>