Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CCI problem
Ken_Lo
Hi all,
I have been reading through previous threads that people are having problems using the cci interface.
My problems become bazaar... I particularly want to use servername/iw/webdesk/transitiontask?taskid=xxxx in an email where an approver can click on the link and approve without going into the web desk interface. I can get this to work if my workflow contains no files... but when I add a file to the workflow, the pop up transition task does nothing after approving or rejecting the task. I would select either to approve/reject and when I hit the button to submit, the button dissapears and the top part of the screen stays the same. I looked at the status of the task and nothing has changed.
Has anybody experienced this problem? I do have the latest SP's and patches applied to the server.
Let me know.
Thanks.
-Ken
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
When you use the task transition, it will launch launchpad to try and upload the files attached to the wft. I believe it makes the assumption that you may have made changes to the attached files, so it wants to get the most recent version uploaded (even if you do not modify them).
So, are you able to successfully run the launchpad *applet*? (I believe the old *application* will not work with the CCI link.)
I have had similar trouble when using a non-supported JVM/platform/browser on my client machine while trying to do the transition.
What browser/jvm/platform are you using?
--
Jed Michnowicz
Interwoven Technical Consultant
Ken_Lo
I think my first msg was a bit confusing. I am saying that when the author starts the workflow, he will attach a file to the workflow... once kicking off the workflow to the approvers, they will get a link with their defined task id. The task id will then be used in the cci url to transition the task to be approved or rejected.
I am using teamsite 5.5.2 in a windows environment, IE 5.5 browser.
-Ken
ChartAxisOnTop55.ssd.zip
333.pdf
rollo
What JVM are you using? The CCI transitions use the launchpad applet, and we've found in the past that the Microsoft VM is really the only reliable one for use with TS (although that was an SP3 bugfix.. I think?).
Ken_Lo
I am not using the launchpad applet. I click on the url to open up a browser and approve it using the interface.
I am running MS JVM in my client machine. It works when I don't have a file attached to the workflow, so I am not sure what the issue is
-Ken
Migrateduser
My guess is still a problem with the JVM. For better or worse, when you use the task transition URL, TeamSite (in the backend) will start launchpad to try and upload the files attached to the wft. If TeamSite cannot start launchpad, it will error out.
If no files are attached to the workflow, TeamSite does not have to start LaunchPad in the background (nothing to upload), so you do not get the error.
What happens when you do some of the following:
View > List local files
File > Import
Edit > Launchpad Setup
--
Jed Michnowicz
Interwoven Technical Consultant
Ken_Lo
I am able to import files into teamsite via launchpad. The way we add files to the workflow is to add an existing file from the workarea. An external task generates a file that has a list of task id's for approvers to come in and preview + approve/reject and the external task takes this generated file an adds it to the workflow via "addfile".
Is there an error log to where I can find if there is a problem with the transition script talking to launchpad?
-Ken
Migrateduser
This error will most likely have nothing to do with the way the files are added to the task, so I would not fret too much about that.
I have no idea where any errors would be generated. Do you have access to another client machine you can try that might have a different JVM/browser. What happens when you try out different browsers? IE, Mozilla, Netscale 4/7?
--
Jed Michnowicz
Interwoven Technical Consultant
Ken_Lo
I have tried the procedure in a number of different computers with different versions of IE and it's still not transitioning properly.
-Ken
Migrateduser
You might want to watch the webcast on workflow tips for ideas on how to debug your problem. Check out
http://interwovenevents.webex.com/interwovenevents/tool/docshow/enter.php?AT=Show&Type=Playback&ClientName=webex&FileName=http://interwovenevents.webex.com/seminar/8044/play/277005622/devnet-wftips.wrf&Rnd=999741616
Regards,
lissa
Ken_Lo
You guys were right from the very beginning about the launchpad! Found the article regarding the problem that I had.
I have added the line use_launchpad_applet=true in my iw.cfg and it works.
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=49551
Thanks all for your reply!
-Ken