Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to add helptext for rows in table?
kohl
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>for cells there is a direct way using this.helpText= ....</p><p> </p><p>I want to design the table so that for each row a customized helptext can be displayed during the mouseover of the rows.</p><p> </p><p>I don't want to write script for each cell, because I have a huge table.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks a lot.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>I know you can get the design handle of a grid and call each cell through that but I don't think you'd be able to do the same thing with a table. This is because you don't know how many cells are in the table until after it's created. I think the only way to do this would be to write an if/then with this.helpText in each cell of your table.</p>
Jason Turner
<p>Hi there, </p>
<p>what is the syntax for the if then statement using the this.helpText. This is what I have in my rptdesign:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>this.helpText = this.getRowData().getColumnValue("ItemName");</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So my thought was to say if this.getRowData().getColumnValue("ItemName") == 'Total Patients' then "The Total Patients is calculated...."</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It seems to not work when I write this in birt. Ideas?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Jason Turner</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I understand that your code snippet might be pseudo-code, but the actual Javascript in the onCreate method of the ItemName data item should look like this:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">
if (this.getRowData().getColumnValue("ItemName") == 'Total Patients') {
this.helpText = "The Total Patients is calculated...."
}
</pre>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
Jason Turner
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pricher" data-cid="146634" data-time="1485265761">
<div>
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I understand that your code snippet might be pseudo-code, but the actual Javascript in the onCreate method of the ItemName data item should look like this:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">
if (this.getRowData().getColumnValue("ItemName") == 'Total Patients') {
this.helpText = "The Total Patients is calculated...."
}
</pre>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Thanks for the info. Worked like a charm. </p>