Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
ProgressMonitor with GetParameterDefinitionTask
Rainer
<p>Hi, in my application I use ProgressMonitor to display some progress information to my users. This works fine Now I want to extend the usage of ProgressMonitor to also monitor IParameterDefinitionTask. But this doesn´t seem to work. The onProgress Method is never called. Is there a limitation or a known problem? As the other "task"-classes IParameterDefinitonTask extends IEngineTask. With RunTask and RenderTask there is no problem.</p><p> </p><p>Regards Rainer</p><p> </p><p>P.S. I´m using Birt 4.3</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Can you attach your code please?</p>
Rainer
<p>Hi kclark,</p><p>thanks for your reply. I´ve made a minimalistic testcase to keep things simple. IRunTask, IRenderTask and IDataExtractionTask which I use all have a method like run(), render() and extract(). The IGetParameterdefinitonTask doesn´t have such a method as far as I know. Maybe the getParameterdefinitonTask doesn´t call the ProgressMonitor?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>public class ProgressMonitor implements org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.IProgressMonitor {
public ProgressMonitor() {}
@Override
public void onProgress(int task, int value) {
System.out.println("TaskId: " + task + "; Value: " + value);</p><p> }</p><p>}</p><p> </p><p>and in my servlet I call</p><p>...</p><p>IGetParameterDefinitionTask task = design.getReportEngine().createGetParameterDefinitionTask(design);
task.setLocale(locale);
task.setProgressMonitor(new ProgressMonitor());</p><p> </p><p>...</p><p>Collection<ParameterDefn> params = task.getParameterDefns(true);</p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance</p><p> </p><p>Regards Rainer</p>