Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Two Parameters in a beforeOpen script
hmhamza
<div>I have a query that is using a report parameter to filter the where clause. The report parameter uses a data set to provide a drop down list of what string to use in the where clause. Added to the report parameter is a default '%' that I need to alter the entire where clause to use another parameter.</div><div> </div><div>select ...</div><div>where area.code = ? /*something from drop down menu*/</div><div> </div><div>when the '%' is selected the entire where clause changes</div><div> </div><div>select ...</div><div>where country.province = ? /*another query paramter*/</div><div> </div><div>I began writing a beforeOpen script and I am not sure how to reach a solution where I only use one parameter out of the two</div><div> </div><div> </div><div> </div><div>if (reportContext.getParameterValue("param_1") == "%"){</div><div> </div><div>}</div><div> </div><div>Is it possible to have two parameters for a query but only use one and could somoeone guide me in the right direction in the beforeopen script.</div><div> </div><div>thank you</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet