Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Session Timeout not taking effect
eddie1
I want the user session to expire on teamsite after ten minutes.
Heres the entry in my iw.cfg
[authentication]
ui_login_lifetime=10m
cookie_lifetime=0
i did a iwreset -a to apply the new settings but after that i noticed that they did not take effect.
After 10 minutes of inactivity i could still access teamite, could navigate around in the branches & workareas and perform all kinds of operations as long as an operation did not open up a new window. For e.g. if i tried to preview a file, i got the login screen in the new window in which the selected file was supposed to be displayed.
What i want is that the user should not be able to do any kind of operations within the teamsite UI after the session has expired and would have to relogin to teamsite.
Any ideas ?
IWOV Consultant
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
eddie1
Hello ????? Interwoven are you out there ??
This should`nt be so tough for you guys : )
eddie1
Down but not out ........... still hopeful that someone would spare a reply to this one .....
Migrateduser
i suggest to use:
ui_login_lifetime=0h10m0s
Brewy
I think ui_login_lifetime only applies to webdesk... at least that is how it reads in the iw.cfg.example file. I'm trying this myself tomorrow.
edtduf
As I understand the manual it applies to Webdesk pro as well if you add a 2nd entry:
[authentication]
ui_login_lifetime=30m
cookie_lifetime=0
eddie1
Tried that as well .... still doesnt work. As far as i understand cookie_lifetime=0 resets the cookie if the user does a logout or closes down the Teamsite window. So that when he relogins within the ui_login_lifetime value, the user is required to give username/password and is not allowed to go in without logging in.
Migrateduser
We are having the same problem.
eddie1
Our client posted this problem to Interwoven in the form of a formal case. Turns out that timeout isnt supported in web desk pro ( surprise surprise ! )
Interwoven is planning to put this in web desk pro in their next SP.
Thanks !
IWOV Consultant
jcopple
Did Interwoven mention which SP this would be included in?
We are currently on 5.5.2 SP2
fish
It is an old thead I know but did this ever get resolved?
I'm TS552 SP3 and still having the same problem...
Steve
Migrateduser
I tried to find this bug in the bugdb, but was not able to. If you can give me a bug ID I can look it up and let you know the fix status. Otherwise, you'll have to contact support so they can look up your old case.
Regards,
lissa
fish
I've issued a case with support (it is a new case for me but this old DevNet thread seemed to have the same issue - the last posting in this thread does not have the issue resolved)
Steve
console-output.txt