Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Word Wrapping in Marker Range
lotusman
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>Anyone know if it's possible to word wrap in a Marker Range Label? I am sourcing the values from a *.properties file and have tried n and <br>, but it ignores them. </p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>What version of BIRT are you using? In 4.3 I was able to do</p><pre class="_prettyXprint">function beforeDrawMarkerLine( axis, markerLine, icsc ){ markerLine.getLabel().getCaption().setValue("TestnTestnTest");}</pre><p>Though I haven't tried from a file, you could try to run eclipsec.exe and output the string so you could look at it how BIRT is seeing it.</p>
lotusman
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for the reply. I am using 3.7.2 right now. Haven't tried scripting it at this point.</p><p> </p><p>I tried out your example and it does work in 3.7.2 as well. So it's something to do with the external properties file. </p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p>
lotusman
<p>I believe what is happening is that the string from the properties file is being treated as a literal. I had to create a script to break the string into parts and insert n where I wanted it. </p><p> </p><p>Problem was I tried splitting the string with n, but it never picked it up, even when I tried <a>n</a> which is what I saw in the variable when debugging. So I ended up putting in <br> in the properties string instead, split the string in the script based on that, and then inserted n in place of <br> and setting that as the value and then it worked.</p>