Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Multiple Values Cascading parameters at any level of the cascading
firefighter90
<p>Hi there.</p><p> </p><p>I´ve already read so many discussions about the topic mentioned above.</p><p> </p><p>My problem is:</p><p> </p><p>I have the cascading parameters (company of a customer, purchaser, section of a company).</p><p> </p><p>When I select multiple values in the list company of a customer it should have effects to cascading parameter 2 (purchaser).</p><p>It has only effect when I select multiple values in company of a customer, click Refresh Report and then I can see what I want to see.</p><p>But I want to have the result before clicking Refresh Report.</p><p>For example:</p><p>When I select BAUER AG and Müller OHG (companies) then there should be shown following numbers for the purchaser: 1, 2, 3 and 7.</p><p>But there are only shown 1, 2, 3 for BAUER AG and the 7 for Müller OHG is missing.</p><p>Then I press Refresh Report with the same input as before, the second parameter shows 1, 2, 3, 7.</p><p> </p><p>I have this text in beforeOpen of the dataset for the parameter purchaser:</p><p> </p><p>var stringArray = params["Company"].value.toString().split(",");<br />
var result = "";<br />
<br />
for(var i =0 ; i < stringArray.length ; i++)<br />
{<br />
if(i==0)<br />
{<br />
result = "'" + stringArray
+ "'";<br />
<br />
}<br />
else<br />
{<br />
result = result + ",'" + stringArray
+ "'";<br />
}<br />
}<br />
<br />
// For String<br />
this.queryText = this.queryText.replace("'CompanyParam'", result);</p><p> </p><p>Can anyone help me please?</p><p>Thanks in advance.</p><p> </p><p>Julia</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Sorry for the late reply, I've attached an example of one way to do this. I had to build a custom parameter page. Then build a dummy dataset to get all of the values into the parameter page. Then in the custom parameter page I was able to build a multiselect cascading parameter group. Let me know if this helps.</p>
kclark
<p>I just came across this <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1477-allow-multi-value-for-cascading-parameter'>devshare</a>
, it looks like an easier way to do this. </p>
firefighter90
<p>First of all I´d like to thank you for your work.</p><p> </p><p>I tried your example but unfortunately it didn´t work
</p><p> </p><p>Then I tried the file from devshare again and I saw the result I wanted to have.</p><p>Don´t know why it didn´t work when trying it for the first time.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks, Veronika</p>
kclark
<p>No problem! Glad it's working now, let us know whenever you have questions!
</p>