Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Editing old rptdesign to work in newer versions of birt
avujic
<p>Hello everyone,</p><p> </p><p>I have report that ran on Birt version 2.0.1. I am trying to reconfigure that report to run on 3.7.2.</p><p> </p><p>I managed to configure report in Eclipse, so I can open it, but it has errors.</p><p> </p><div><span style="font-size:8px;">org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.core.DataException: Invalid Javascript expression: Total.count(row.CBCH_STATUS == "4", "CaseType").</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">The group level in Aggregation: COUNT is invalid.</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.expression.AbstractExpressionCompiler.compileExpression(AbstractExpressionCompiler.java:104)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.expression.ExpressionProcessor.compileBaseExpression(ExpressionProcessor.java:404)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.expression.ExpressionProcessor.hasAggregateExpr(ExpressionProcessor.java:265)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassStatusController.hasAggregationsInComputedColumns(PassStatusController.java:184)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassStatusController.<init>(PassStatusController.java:94)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassManager.prepareDataSetResultSet(PassManager.java:90)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassManager.pass(PassManager.java:134)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassManager.populateResultSet(PassManager.java:74)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.ResultSetPopulator.populateResultSet(ResultSetPopulator.java:198)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.CachedResultSet.<init>(CachedResultSet.java:97)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSourceQuery.execute(DataSourceQuery.java:1025)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery$OdaDSQueryExecutor.executeOdiQuery(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:428)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:1134)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.ServiceForQueryResults.executeQuery(ServiceForQueryResults.java:232)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryResults.getResultIterator(QueryResults.java:177)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ExtractionResults.nextResultIterator(ExtractionResults.java:74)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.dataset.DataSetPreviewer.preview(DataSetPreviewer.java:70)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.dataset.ResultSetPreviewPage$5.run(ResultSetPreviewPage.java:337)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.core.DataException: The group level in Aggregation: COUNT is invalid.</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.aggregation.AggrRegistry.newAggrExprInfo(AggrRegistry.java:252)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.aggregation.AggrRegistry.registerExpression(AggrRegistry.java:127)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.aggregation.AggrRegistry.register(AggrRegistry.java:110)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.expression.AggregationTablePopulator.populateAggregationTable(AggregationTablePopulator.java:59)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.expression.MultiPassExpressionCompiler.registerAggregate(MultiPassExpressionCompiler.java:720)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.expression.MultiPassExpressionCompiler.compileAggregateExpr(MultiPassExpressionCompiler.java:348)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.expression.AbstractExpressionCompiler.processChild(AbstractExpressionCompiler.java:298)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.expression.AbstractExpressionCompiler.processScriptTree(AbstractExpressionCompiler.java:206)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.expression.AbstractExpressionCompiler.compileExpression(AbstractExpressionCompiler.java:100)</span></div><div><span style="font-size:8px;">... 18 more</span></div><div> </div><p>I don't know why this error occurred. As I see it COUNT is standard Birt/Javascript function.</p><p> </p><p>In attachment you will find report. </p><p> </p><p>Tnx in advance,</p><p>Aleksandar</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
<p>Hi avujic,</p><p> </p><p>BIRT should be backward compatible which means that you can run reports created with an older version of BIRT Designer with a newer version of the engine.</p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>But:</strong></span></p><p>BIRT 2.2 broke with backward compatibility. There were so many changes from BIRT 2.1 to BIRT 2.2 that the BIRT development team decided to break with backward compatibility. This means that you can not run any report created with a designer version lower then 2.2 with a 2.2 (or newer) runtime version.</p><p>This has been a big problem for BIRT users and is the reason why some users are not able to update because they created a lot of reports using 2.1 but would have to recreate them in a newer version to be able to update.</p><p>This is also the reason why you are not able to run (or even open) your report in 3.7 without getting errors.</p><p>I m not sure it there are any converter tools out there that could just convert your reports into the new (post 2.2) format. I think you would have to recreate the report in 3.7 :-(</p>