Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problem triggering Workflow on DeleteDCR
Jens
Hi !
I'am using the event 'tt_deletedcr' to start a workflow, when a dcr is deleted.
Then i will be asked to start the workflow.
But then it says: "There are no modified files."
This only happends when the DCR wasn't submitted before.
Otherwise it works fine.
I am deleting the dcr from database using the workflow.
So, how do I get a workflow triggered on delete if the dcr's are not submitted to the staging area ???
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
The point at which you are getting that error message is almost definitely from a submittask - and in this case there is no deleted file to submit (because it was never submitted before).
If that's the case - you just need to build a bit more smarts into the workflow to check for a case where there are no files associated with the workflow, and/or no files associated with the workflow that exist in staging. If so - either silently transition to the endtask, or do whatever you think you should to let the user(s) know that the file was properly deleted from the workarea and that's all that was needed to be done.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Jens
My workflow on tt_deleteDCR looks like this:
<workflow name="WF6: Daten aus Datenbank loeschen" owner="iwcm" creator="__TAG__('iw_user');" description="__TAG__('iw_desc');">
<externaltask lock="f" name="doDD" owner="root" retry="t" start="t" description="Daten werden aus Datenbank geloescht">
<areavpath v = "__INSERT__($my_vpath);"/>
<successors>
<successorset description = "Go to EndTask">
<succ v = "EndTask"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<command v="__INSERT__($externalcmd[1]);" />
__INSERT__($iw_selected_files);
</externaltask>
<endtask name = "EndTask">
<activation>
<pred v = "doDD"/>
</activation>
</endtask>
</workflow>
I also tried another WF which usually works on the events new_job and assign. And these events allow to start WFs of not submitted DCRs.
But if I switched this one to tt_deleteDCR it didn't work too.
Also, you usually get a list of WF's for the event, if there are more than one, but I got the Message "There are no modified files". It's like, if you tried to start a submit WF with already submitted files.
So, can I modify the tt_deleteDCR event, to start my WF?
liw5215
Hi Jens,
I am runing into the same issues with tt_deletedcr. I want to do same things like you did. when a DCR is deleted, I want the workflow to delete the dcr on workarea and staging, delete the generated html files and entry in the database.
so have you solve the issues yet? Could you please share it with me? Thanks a lot.
William
mgal
Since the new created DCR is not in staging yet, after you deleted that DCR in your workarea, no such file is in BOTH workarea AND staging. Compare null to null, you should get "no modified file" which is the correct information
Jens
I think too, that this can be the problem, but other options (new job and assign) are working with not submitted files, so I think it should be possible to run tt_deletedcr too.
Maybe this works in one of the next TS-Versions ?
Jens
Hi William,
I found a little workarround for my problem.
There is an event called "SyncDestroy" where you can run your own script when any files with extended attributes has been deleted.
Ciao,
Jens
mgal
I would suggest you to send a email to
support@interwoven.com
so that this can be filed as a feature request and can be tracked.
Jens
I have already sent a mail, but no response yet.
If there is one, I will let you know.
milind
Hi Jens,
Could you please send the part of available_templates.cfg which uses "SyncDestroy".
I want to implement a workflow which will get initiated when a DCR is deleted.
Thanks & Regards
Milind