Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Display maximum and minimum values in line chart
jain
<p>Hi,</p><p>I am using Actuate BIRT designer professional Version 11.0.4, I've a requierment that I have two Y series in my line chart that is in left and right. I need to display the maximum and minimum values at maximum and minimum data points. Also on right side of Y series, I've to display the ending values at every line.</p><p> </p><p>Can any one hlep me how to do it in line chart.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>If I'm understanding correctly, you could check the values in the afterDataSetFilled in the chart script and then show the data point label if it's the max or min value. Let me know. If you attach a sample report that I can run, I can probably set this up for you.</p>
Abhijit Mandal
Hi,<br><br>I am working in a report, Where need to have a chart.<br>X axis with parameter like<br>loggin time,access time,opening time etc.<br>each of these will have lots of data for each seconds,so i need to show max value and min value for each parameter and a line connecting max and min.<br>the Y axis will have time.how shall generate the report in BIRT
mwilliams
Okay. So you would have three series (login, access, and opening). You'll want the chart grouped by seconds and you'll only want a line connecting the highest point for each series with the lowest point? I'm not sure I'm understanding correctly. Could you provide some data and an image of what you'd like that chart to look like?
suryap2011
<p>Hi Michael,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I was trying to achieve what explained above and landed up on this thread. My requirement is to connect min and max values per category.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So e.g. my x-axis has department - HR, DEV, OPS, and for each department I want to plot Min and Max salary and connect Min of a department to Max of the same department so as to make it look like a bar that starts from min and ends at max.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Your help is highly appreciated.</p>