Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Change "Null Value" to "Select all"
firefighter90
<p>In my report there are three multi-select cascading parameters which are not required.</p><p>Because of the not required - feature there apears "Null Value" in the selection box.</p><p> </p><p>I want to change the "Null Value" into "Select all".</p><p> </p><p>Has anybody an idea in which way I can realise this?</p><p>Thanks in advance.</p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>You could make the default value of that parameter "Select All". Then to remove the null selection you would need to edit <span>ComboBoxParameterFragment.jsp</span></p><p> </p><p><span>You should be able to add this code at line 144</span></p><pre class="_prettyXprint">boolean nullvl = false;if( value == null ){nullvl = true;}if( !nullvl ){</pre><p>and close it off before the end of the loop. Take a look at <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/216579/'>this
thread</a></p>
firefighter90
<p>I´ve already read this thread but, nevertheless, it didn´t work with my reports.</p><p> </p><p>Now I have found the mistake.</p><p>The version of my BIRT Runtime is 4.3.0 and there I have to add the code at line 161 and close it off before the end of the for loop.</p><p> </p><p>Thank you for your help.</p>
kclark
<p>Ah, thanks for the update, I hadn't tried this in 4.3.0.</p>
firefighter90
<p>I decided to not remove the Null value but to rename it into "Select all".</p><p> </p><p>After trying the procedure of David Good (like mentioned in <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/216579/'>http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/216579/</a>),</p><p>I
got a almost satisfying result.</p><p> </p><p>With two of my three cascading parameters the "Null value" was changed to "Select all".</p><p>The first parameter still shows "Null value".</p><p> </p><p>How can I change this? I want all cascading parameters to show "Select all"....
</p>
firefighter90
<p>Yeah, I´ve made it
</p><p>In ComboBoxParameterFragment.jsp I added in line 161 (BIRT Runtime Version 4.3.0, in Version 2.6.2 it is line 144) this code:</p><p>if( value == null )
{
outputLabel = "Select all";</p><p>}</p><p> </p><p>in AbstractParameterDialog.js I adapted the existing code in line 122:</p><p> </p><p> if( oLabel )
{
oOption.text = oLabel.data;
if(oOption.text=="Null Value")
{
oOption.text="Select all";
}
}
else
oOption.text = "";</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Now, I have no "Null Value" but "Select all".</p>
404040
<p>could u please upload JSP and JS page here...?????????i had tried i cant able to change i dono where am doing mistake ....my version 4.3..am looking for to Remove "Null Value"only...</p>