Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Connecting to Google Spreadsheet
jlux33
<p>Is there a data connector for Google Spreadsheets? I desperately need to read data from a Google sheet into a report.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>I haven't done any work with Google Spreadsheets but looking at their site it looks like you can connect to them with Java. If you can pull in the data with their API's you can create a scripted data source. Or pull the data into a POJO and use the POJO data source in 4.3</p>
jlux33
<p>I have tried...unfortunately, building ODAs is not my skill. I seem to always have Auth issues. It will work on my Designer, but not on the Tomcat Engine. I really need a solid data connector for Google Spreadsheets.</p><p> </p><p>I will keep hacking at it.
</p>
BRM
<p>Talend has a Google Spreadsheets connector. You could use that to extract the data from the GS to a local datasouce that you could then access with a BIRT connector.</p>
steffen@rugtved.dk
<p>Have you looked at this project: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://anthonysdevshare.blogspot.dk/2008/12/extending-birt-google-spreadsheet-oda.html'>http://anthonysdevshare.blogspot.dk/2008/12/extending-birt-google-spreadsheet-oda.html</a></p><p>It
works for me on Juno Service Release 1, but for some reason not on the latest BIRT Report Designer.</p><p> </p><p>Best Regards</p><p>Steffen Rugtved</p>