Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to get the height of the table dynamically
radhe_7887
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>Is there any way to get the actual rendered height of the table in any of the events. When I use this.height it returns the value that is set in properties. But this height is not maintained and the table expands if the text displayed wraps down and goes out of the height set in properties.</p><p> </p><p>My question is, how can we get the actual rendered height of the table displayed?</p><p> </p><p>I'm using BIRT v2.6.2 and output as PDF.</p><p> </p><p>Regards,</p><p>Radhe</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
<p>Unfortunately there is no feature that would enable you to get the rendered height of any report item.</p><p>As you already mentioned getHeight or height is only able to get the value for the corresponding property.</p><p> </p><p>What do you want to achieve? Perhaps there is some workaround for your problem.</p>
radhe_7887
<p>Thanks for your reply...!</p><p> </p><p>Actually I want to print a grid on the bottom half of my perforated page.</p><p> </p><p>To elaborate, My page size is 8.5" * 11" having perforation at center i.e. at 5.5". I want to print a grid below this center, keeping 0.5" of margin which means 6" from top corner of page. But above this grid, I have another grid containing table which is of variable height depending on its data.</p><p> </p><p>What I believe from my understanding is that BIRT allows only relative positioning by setting its top margin and does not have any feature of absolute positioning. Kindly help me out with any work around for this.</p><p> </p><p>Regards,</p><p>Radhe</p>
radhe_7887
Any updates on this issue?