Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic report parameter filters scripted Data_set
BlazK
<p>I build a scripted DataSet with a java in beforeOpen() and then get it in fetch() (4 different collumns).</p><p> </p><p>Now I want to have a dynamic ReportParameter that is defined by one of the collumns from DataSet.</p><p> </p><p>So far everything is ok.</p><p> </p><p>Now the selection filters the same DataSet, this is probably impossible to do dinamicaly (it works with static parameter). Where in script should I get the data to build parameter(what choises it gives to user) and where can I then get the selection from the user.</p><p> </p><p>Thank you, </p><p>Blaz</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>You're wanting to display data from your scripted data set as choices in your parameter correct? When you create the parameter you can choose the dynamic radio button and then select what data set you're wanting to use from the data set drop down. Then you can choose what column to display in "select value column" and "select display text" fields. Let me know if this is what you were wanting.
</p>
BlazK
<p>Yeah that is correct, but that is first part of what I want, now I have a constructed parameter (I use combo box). User selects one of the choices and this choice should filter the same data set to display only the chosen.</p><p> </p><p>I doesn't seem to work, I have tried to fill two matching data sets with two fetch methods (I use java extend), but it is not working either (subqestion - If I have two fetch scripts for one report each for its own data set how do they execute, parallel, one after another, ...) </p>
BlazK
<p>I tried using two data sets. I have one beforeOpen script that gets the data and then two fetch scripts that handle each one data set.</p><p> </p><p>I use one data set that is used to dynamicaly give options to combo-box. And then I use filters(and parameter from combo-box) to filter the data in the second data set and display it.</p><p> </p><p>Now it seems to work, even though I do not know why :unsure: . I am suspecting default value, but I am 110% that I tried that in my efforts to get this to work. I hope it stays in working condition.</p><p> </p><p>If any one have a better idea why this is functioning please explain, or if you have a better solution please present it, I really want to understand this better.</p>