Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Difference in generated RPTDocument between Birt 4.2 vs 4.3
Shuanak17
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I have generated RPTDocument using birt 4.2 and BIRT 4.3 libraries separately.</p><p> </p><p>The report itself gets generated correctly in both versions.</p><p> </p><p>However the RPT document generated using Birt 4.2 libraries have partial data(Row values for certain columns are missing ). I noticed this while extracting data and also while doing the render task.</p><p> </p><p>On the other hand I get complete data when I am using 4.3 libraries.No issues.</p><p> </p><p>Is there any difference between the two versions? </p><p> </p><p>I am investigating BIRT and was worried if there are or will be any Backward compatibility issues related to RPTDocument.</p><p> </p><p>Any suggestions/comments would help!!!</p><p> </p><p>-Shaunak.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>There may have been a bug in 4.2 that was fixed in 4.3. You might search the bugs at eclipse.org/birt in the bugzilla to see if there was a bug reported.</p><p> </p><p>As for backwards compatibility, I've noticed that many reports created in the newest versions now open in the past couple versions without giving version errors, but this obviously wouldn't be the case if you're using a new feature. It would be best to run your reports with the version they were created with or newer version.</p><p> </p><p>Hope this helps.</p>
Shuanak17
<p>Thanks Michael.</p>
samirsss
<p>Hi Michael,</p><p> </p><p>All we want to do is to ensure that reports that were generated using a previous version of BIRT can be parsed and rendered using the newer BIRT API's. This would ensure that we can provide a migration path to the customers.</p><p> </p><p>Regards</p><p>Samir</p>
mwilliams
<p>For the most part, running reports generated with an older version do not have a problem running in the newer versions. Major platform changes and bug fixes or new bugs could cause some issues, so you'd want to test the newer version before committing to it in production, but for the most part, old designs should open in the next version.</p><p> </p><p>Hope this helps.</p>