Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Display "123" if Color "Red" is selected from drop down
robertv41090
<p>My report has a drop down parameter called "color" where users specify either Red, Green or Blue</p><p> </p><p>If they select color Red, the report should display 123</p><p>If they select color Green, the report should display 456</p><p>If they select color Blue, the report should display 789</p><p> </p><p>
</p><p> </p><p>I am not a developer and can't figure this out. I also can't seem to google the correct terms to do this seemingly very basic task.</p><p> </p><p>Any help is appreciated.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
robertv41090
<p>So, I found out that I can just create 3 different text boxes (123, 456, 789) and set the visibility "hide element" for "123" to:</p><p> </p><p>true</p><p>params["Color"].value=='Red'</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>and so on...</p><p> </p><p>BUT, is there an easier way to do this than having three separate text boxes?</p>
kclark
<p>You could use one text item for this and use a script like this in the onCreate()</p><pre class="_prettyXprint">if(params["Color"].value == "Red") { this.text = "123";}else if(params["Color"].value == "Green") { this.text = "456"}else if(params["Color"].value == "Blue") {}</pre>
robertv41090
<p>Thank you sir</p>