Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Placing a table over chart
actuser9
<p>Hi BIRT Gurus,</p><p> </p><p>Its been a very interesting topic at work to see if we can place a table over chart. Is it possible at all with the BIRT SP4 software? If so, any ideas as to how?</p><p> </p><p>From what I have seen in the reports, I donot think it might be possible. But I do want to see if there is a slight chance to make this work.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks,</p><p>UY</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>I haven't tried it yet, but you might be able to use the CEAPI to render your chart as an image at the beginning of your report, then save it in some location. Then you could change the background image of your table to the chart/image you created at the beginning of the report.</p>
actuser9
<p>Hi Kclark,</p><p> </p><p>I like this interesting solution, but do you think the solution works the same with all the web viewer, pdf, ppt and excel outputs?</p><p> </p><p>I donot have much knowledge on CEAPI, but if you have a sample report, please let me know. I would try to read more on CEAPI to accomplish this.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks,</p><p>UY</p>
kclark
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1344-eclipsecon-2011-api-examples'>Here's
a good devshare</a> that should have an example in it showing how to render a chart to png. You could either write a class to create the chart and then call in the initialize() of your report to make sure it has been created before your table gets built. Then point the table background image to the location of where you're class created it. I haven't tried this but I think it should work with the webviewer, I'm not sure about the other formats.</p>
kclark
<p>I've attached an example that I wrote by modifying some of the code attached in the devshare I posted. The chart behind the table isn't related to the table data. This builds the chart in the constructor that way in the initialize() of the report you can use this.</p><pre class="_prettyXprint">importPackage(Packages.org.birtexchange.chartExample);chart = new StandaloneChart();</pre><p>Which builds the chart before the table needs it for the background image.</p>