Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Creating a specialized TOC
rogerb99
<p>I'm not able to view my report using the Web Viewer when report is deployed so I want to create a TOC that looks like a table with hyperlinks on each cell.</p><p> </p><p>My query returns the following. I created a computed column which is the rowNum.</p><p>[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]ClassicCars 1[/font]</p><p>[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Motorcycles 2[/font]</p><p>[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Planes 3[/font]</p><p>[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Ships 4[/font]</p><p>[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Trains 5[/font]</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>In Birt Report Designer, I'm trying to create a table that looks like this.</p><p>[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]ClassicCars Motorcycles Planes[/font]</p><p>[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Ships Trains[/font]</p><p> </p><p>In the data cell for first column, I have this as the Expression</p><p>if (dataSetRow["rowNum"] % 3 == 1) {<br />
dataSetRow["PRODUCTLINE"];<br />
}</p><p>I get this error when running report: Can not convert the value of ClassicCars to Integer type.</p><p> </p><p>I'm confused as to what is happening.</p><p> </p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Try using a list instead of the table and have the display property of the data report item set to inline instead of block</p>
micajblock
<p>For a printable TOC you might want to look here"</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1523-simplified-printable-table-of-contents'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1523-simplified-printable-table-of-contents</a></p>
;