Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Add Dynamic based on the response from the WSDL
Eswaran
<p>Hi Guys,</p><p> </p><p>I am in need of solution where I can generate the birt table column dynamically and bind the values to them.</p><p> </p><p>An sample response that i will get it from the imported wsdl looks like.</p><pre class="_prettyXprint"><BirtprocessResponse xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns="http://schemas.test.com/default"><Countries xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns="http://schemas.test.com/default"><Country xmlns="http://schemas.test.com/default"><Name>India</Name><State>TN</State><PostalCode>12</PostalCode></Country><Country xmlns="http://schemas.test.com/default"><Name>India</Name><State>AP</State><PostalCode>34</PostalCode></Country></Countries></BirtprocessResponse></pre><div><div> </div></div><div><p>Here the count of countries from the response is dynamic.I.e there may come one or more number of countries in response.I am looking for a solution to bind these details in Grid like below.</p><p> </p><div><pre class="_prettyXprint">Name State PostalCodeIndia TN 12India AP 34</pre><p>If i directly bind the data to the field like dataSetRow["State"] ,always it results in one value.Any help is much appreciated.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance.</p><p> </p></div><p> </p></div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>You will need to use the DEAPI for this. This example might push you in the right direction.</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1496-dynamic-columns-in-a-report'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1496-dynamic-columns-in-a-report</a></p>
;
BRM
<p>Binding a grid to a dataset an putting fields from the data set into the grid will always result in only one row being shown even if the dataset returns more than one row. However it is perfectly acceptable to put a small table inside a grid cell and tables will show all datarows in the data set they are bound to.</p><p> </p><p>Not sure if this is what you were after but I do this all the time. </p>