Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Best Practice for Automated Link Creation
kbowen
I am searching for a best practice, or strategy for accomplishing the following:
With our commodity website, we have a number of different areas with a fairly simple architecture. In each directory, there is an index.html file that contains hyperlinks to all the other html files within that same directory.
Here is what I would like to do:
When a user generates a new .html file (via templating)… I need the index file to be automatically updated and regenerated with a link to the newly created file. I would prefer that this process be handled automatically, in that the author will not need to manually edit the index page to insert the hyperlink.
Thanks for any of you thoughts,
Kyle
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Is the index page generated from a DCR or is it an HTML page, an ASP page, a JSP page, .... ?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
kbowen
The index page would be generated from a DCR into HTML or CFM.
Thanks.
Kyle
import_component.xml
gzevin
one of ways doing it would be:
invoke a component PT, that will query all the files in a particular directory (that needs to be indexed), retrieve appropriate fields from relevant DCRs, and generate the page.
a locking mechanism is reccomended, depending on the business process
also, you would need to attach the index file to a workflow, if this is a part of a workflow...
Greg Zevin
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
MattP
there is a script floating around that is used for a press release example. A user adds press releases to a directory, and the simply regenerated the index page. The index page reads the directory listing, opens each file, writes out the headline and puts a link to the page. I think it was part of an IWOV education course. Search around your TS server. If you don't find anything, let me know. I also think it is posted on Devnet...
Matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA