Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to make an extra wide report
cjm13905
<p>I am new to BIRT, and can barely create a report.</p><p>We have Version 3.7.1</p><p> </p><p>I did create a report with a detail line that had about 8 fields.</p><p>The end user now wants to add 12 more fields. This report will never be printed</p><p>just viewed and loaded into excel.</p><p> </p><p>Can I make a report that will hold all these fields ?</p><p>I can't seem to add to the report beyond what the existing page will display.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
cjm13905
<p>Okay, think I figured it out.</p><p>Just went to last column, and inserted a column to the right.</p><p>Will see how it displays after I get report updated.</p>
micajblock
<p>You might want to change the size of the master page</p>
cjm13905
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="119866" data-time="1378218378"><div><p>You might want to change the size of the master page</p></div></blockquote><p>Are you talking about setting the Master Page Width ?</p><p> </p><p>Currently it is 11 and height is 8.5 (orientation is landscape.)</p><p> </p><p>Should I increase the 11 to 18 ? and is there a max ?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for you help.</p>
micajblock
<p>Yes. There is no max. I would also change the report from fixed layout to auto layout (property on the root of the report). </p>
cjm13905
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="119880" data-time="1378229705"><div><p>Yes. There is no max. I would also change the report from fixed layout to auto layout (property on the root of the report). </p></div></blockquote><p>Thanks. Made the changes</p>