Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Displaying pages conditionally
birt_ag
<p>Hi,</p><p>I've a report template which contains around 5 different type of page layouts. 1st four pages contain some data whereas the last page contains only the error related data. Application allows user to generate report for only the error page. can i know how is it possible to generate only the last page(error page) and hide or not display other 4 pages ?
I'm using Birt 4.2.0
can anyone give a suggestion on this ?</p><p> </p><p>Thank u..</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Use the visibility property on the sections you do not need.</p>
birt_ag
<p>Hi mblock,</p><p> </p><p>I've a situation where there are many pages say 3, i want to display 1st and 2nd page without any condition, but the 3rd page should be displayed only depending on some tag value.
Now the problem i'm facing is the data in 3rd page is contained within a table and hence mapped to required dataset.</p><p>The tag value i need to check for displaying the 3rd page is contained within a different dataset.</p><p> </p><p>Visbility can be used only on dataset bound to a table. How can i overcome this ? </p><p> </p><p>Thank U</p>
micajblock
<p>Use report variables.</p>
birt_ag
<p>Hi mblock,</p><p> </p><p>Can u elaborate more ? I didnt get how can page hiding be achieved using page variables.</p><p> </p><p>Thank U</p>
micajblock
<p>You can create a report variable set it with the first data set and use it in the second data set. If you give me detailed requirements I might be able to build a quick sample using classic models.</p>
birt_ag
<p>Hi mblock,</p><p> </p><p>I got the solution..
</p><p>First i created a variable say "hide" during initialization. Then i used that variable to store the value of the required dataset in the following way -</p><pre class="_prettyXprint"><expression name="expression" type="javascript">hide = dataSetRow["approvalStatus"]</pre><p>then i was able to hide the other table based on the variable hide value. Is this the proper way ?
</p>